Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Colonial Immigration

I'm back and this will be my blog on the colonial period. As you remember I picked the theme of immigration. This is the period of when Europeans started to out number Native Americans. This article describes which Europeans came to America and why they came. Like we learned in class, English immigrants came for a mixture of religious and economic reasons. They came to make a better life for themselves or to escape religious persecution. But what I didn't know is that Germans, Dutch, and Swedes had migrated to the middle colonies for similar reasons.

3 comments:

  1. Very informative post! I didn't know that Germans, Dutch, and Swedes migrated to the middle colonies for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anyone immigrate into America? Why or why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What effects did this have on the Native American population?

    ReplyDelete